2/28/07

Meetings of all kinds

We held the Horticulture and Organic Agriculture Subcommittee Hearing at 10 am. After we cleaned up the Subcommittee room, I worked on a project that lasted all afternoon that consisted of summarizing some of the energy components of the 2002 Farm Bill in layman's terms for a Member of Congress. In the middle of all that, the Chairman had to run to testify in a hearing, vote on the House floor, and still try to make it to his meetings. They Chairman's testimony was right down the hall, and I literally took signals on when to send him down. Another staff person was in the room, and was instructed to wave his arms at me so I knew to sprint to the boss' office and say "they're ready". Needless to say, we fell behind as the day stretched on. I did see one of my professors from the U and an AGR alumni, as well as the CHS Chairman who knew my dad from when he was Chairman of the board at United Farmers Cooperative. I completed the book I was making near 6:00 (which felt like 2 in the afternoon to me) and helped move a couple of couches around before I left.

I am planning to fly out of DCA (Ronald Regan National Airport) and back to Minnesota early Friday morning to land at about noon. We'll see what mother nature says about that, hopefully everything will be fine and I will make it for my Fraternity's formal in northern MN. Then back to DC on Sunday evening to start another week.

Tomorrow we have a full committee business meeting, so there will be a lot of work to do early in the day. I plan to take some medicine that will put me out now so I can wake up in time tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments: