3/20/07

Oh, Canada!


So today I moved a lot of furniture, finished drafting a letter to an Under Secretary in the USDA and an Assistant Secretary in the DOE, made some binders, and moved some more furniture.

So, now let's talk about the best reception ever; held by the Embassy of Canada.
This reception was 6:30-9:30 pm, so a few of us headed over after we were done with work. It ended up being right next to the Hart Senate Building, only 4 blocks from my house. Let's see, what else is there to mention about it? Well they had some good food, including rectangular Canadian flag-shaped cookies, 6 open bars for people that were of age and they held it all in a tent in the backyard of a small museum, including carpeted floors. It seems I am forgetting something... oh yeah,








The Stanley Cup

















Leslie Neilson










Emerson Drive. I forgot to mention those, and there was only a crowd of like 100. So I'm not sure if Leslie and Emerson Drive didn't pay their taxes, but they were there. And they gave me a gift bag on the way out including; a hockey puck, a cow, maple syrup, a coffee mug, mints, chocolate, and a CD. Pretty much the best reception ever. I'm off to bed after a 3 hour concert. Good night!

1 comment:

gmm28 said...

Oh yeah...one other thing you forgot. Your friend from Texas that just so happened to inform you of the event! haha.