1/25/07

Business Casual

Republicans got mad and left for the weekend, so there was nothing going on. Actually, they had their two-day retreat to get everyone on the same page, so there were no votes today. This meant the Chairman was out, half the staff was not around, and we got let go an hour early. I spent most of the day trying to transcribe a speech given by Mr. Peterson at a MN Farm Bureau meeting. It is an hour long speech, and I only got about 1/4 of the way through it. There was a meeting addressing what President Bush said about renewable energy in his State of the Union Speech today, although I did not sit in, I guess it was kind of heated. So between transcribing, running errands and making contact lists, I found out two fun things coming up for tomorrow. First, I will be walking with a delegation of MN State Legislators (as in St. Paul) right away tomorrow. I am not sure how many, but it will be both Senators and Representatives. Second, we have a party after work tomorrow, so that should be a lot of fun. It's in our office on the other end of the hall, and pretty much everyone who works in our office (even people I have not yet met) will be there.

I also received an offer from the University paper MN Daily, that I will be in an article in their paper next week. Not much to say. We were able to wear jeans and a nice shirt today (because the House was not in session), which I comfortably obliged to. It would be the same if I didn't meet with the legislators tomorrow, but I have to wear a suit with no tie at the least. I like work, but I'm ready for the weekend after tomorrow!

No comments: