2/6/07

$50 haircuts

CNN was today's big feature, finding out which astronaut was going where. Other than that, it was the normal sorting and answering phone calls, with an 15-minute audit meeting of the Packers and Stockyards program in the middle. I hope I have little work because Thursday is going to be a mess. I am going to have to wait in line for 2 hours to get into the Food Safety hearing of the Appropriations Committee's subcommittee on Agriculture. Then I will need to take notes on every question asked and answer given. After I have that completed, I will take the books and books of submitted testimony, and read them. This will probably take days, and then I will need to understand what I read enough to write a summary of each one.

That wraps up today... except for my long walk home, I am looking for low-bidders on haircuts. I walked about 15 extra blocks, only one place was open, and their offer was $50. That's a little more than Great Clips New Ulm.

Tomorrow is a great day for all of America, my birthday of course, and also, I get to meet Secretary of Agriculture Mike Johanns, ask him questions, get asked questions, and get a picture taken. It will probably be one of the highlights of my life for a while. Finally, to contrary belief, I have not seen any part of the $12 billion cash lost in Iraq, we're still looking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could mail you a bowl? You remember, "bowl cut."