2/15/07

Calm after the Storm

If yesterday was a roller coaster, today was the scenic train ride. Because we packed all that action into one day, we have nothing to prepare for and thus no work for interns. The rest of the staff was busy however, as meetings were long-winded and schedules delayed because there is now more for people to talk about than ever. I did end up getting my quote compiling all the way to February 6th, and should be up to speed by tomorrow.

After work there was not only one, but two receptions to attend. I almost feel bad, because I have nothing to contribute if anyone is talking about politics. I care, I matter, but my opinion is uneducated and low content compared to the topics talked about at these gatherings. But during my short lull in being able to contribute to society, I was able to take, so I did. I think I took enough for supper and breakfast (not home with me, just consumed while I was there), which is great in a city with $50 haircuts. Tomorrow is the last day of what seems to be a short week, with a long weekend.

A short thank you to everyone and anyone for your gifts and cards for both my birthday and Valentine's Day, I will also be sending a personalized autographed photo of me at my desk. Just kidding, but I will be sending you thank you cards soon, I just wanted you to know I appreciate them all, but haven't found the time (or bought the thank you cards) to do them.

No comments: