2/12/07

Possibly Stopping the Stop and Go

The majority of my day was spent entering in quotes from Chairman Peterson, Ranking Member Goodlatte, Senator Harkin, Senator Chambliss and Secretary Johanns into a database. I think I'm about to go "booted" from my desk as we are in the process of hiring staff, which is now a welcome adjustment. Because I now have projects, the saying hi to people and being nice when I answer the phone every 20 seconds is getting old. If I am moved (its not for sure) I think I will be much more productive than I am now in my stop-and-go routine.

This afternoon I attended a meeting that lasted a little over an hour with some of the people in the top tier of the USDA and President Bush's personal assistant on Agriculture. They gave a preview, or more of an explanation, of what they implied or suggested when they made their Farm Bill 2007 recommendations. This is of course one of many events that serve as a precursor to the full Committee meeting and hearing including Secretary Johanns, which will be broadcast at the link earlier in this sentence. The hearing is scheduled to take place on Wednesday at 10:00 am, and it is a meeting I am guessing I will not be able to attend.

I also realized that I now have full access to the CRS website I was orientated to last week. On the website they have everything that is "current" for this session. CRS also does bill summaries much like THOMAS, but they are more in depth and can provide you with more information.

...back to homework.

No comments: