5/17/07

One More Day

Okay, I feel bad because I have been writing less and less during the end of my internship, but homework is much more fun than keeping everyone updated on my life.

Actually, I'll give a quick rundown, then I'll try to explain more tomorrow after I finish my research paper.

This morning we held our first markup on some generally non-controversial bills the Agriculture Committee will send to the floor. After we adjourned and everyone cleared out of our packed room, we had 8 votes on the floor, then about 12 members came back for a press conference (packed just like the hearing, but 90% press) and the Democrats and Republicans laid out their plans and explained how they would work together. After that, the press asked a lot of questions, and the Chairman decided it was time to go.

I agree, it was more dramatic than that, but I have 10 pages to write. I'll talk tomorrow.

No comments: