5/16/07

Two To Go

I almost had a really great day, but it ended up being only a great one. The reason it was so great was the Omelet Luncheon put on by the United Egg Producers. I'll admit it, I had two, but we were able to make them ourselves and add whichever ingredients we wished. In the afternoon I thought I was going to meet Kent Hrbek on behalf of ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease), but he must have been double booked somewhere else. Then we received our bi-monthly shipment of milk from LandO'Lakes (and I have been put in charge of saying what happens with the 60 bottles we get) and the leftover brownies and cookies from the reception arrived at the same time.

Okay, so that was all about food, but we were also preparing for our first markup (and the only one I will get to experience) that takes place tomorrow. This is not Farm Bill related, but we will be going through three bills that shouldn't be too controversial from my personal estimation. They include the 25X25 Act, the STOPP Act about eminent domain, and the Hunters for the Hungry program.

That's all, I'm going to try to keep on cranking out homework. Two days left.

No comments: