2/1/07

Empty Halls

Today was the slowest day by far. At times the halls were empty and no sound was heard for over five minutes, which is really long for any office of Congress. The House was not in session as it was the Democrat's turn for a retreat. I spent the day working on projects and greeting the people coming into our office. At 4:00 Gabe, Garrett (the minority office intern), and I gave ourselves a tour of the Capitol. While this was fun, we were doing it more as re-con, than anything, so if we ever had to give a tour we would be able to know where we are going, and remember some of the important things we learned in our class.

After work I met Emily Zweber at the Dubliner and we had supper with the rest of her colleagues. It was good food, and only a few blocks from my House. Possibly a new favorite place to go when I do not feel like cooking. Another business casual day tomorrow...

No comments: