3/14/07

Manual Labor

I'm going to go ahead and up the ante from yesterday, a gorgeous 74 degrees at 9:51 pm. Unfortunately I was stuck inside even longer, but patience is a virtue, good things come to those who wait, and everything that goes along with it. I left the building after 8 pm, because tomorrow is the last day the contractors will be working on our main Committee room, 1300. So tonight we setup just over 50 of the 70 total 15 inch monitors the room can use during briefings, hearings, and anything else someone might use it for to show documents electronically. It is also outfitted with state of the art microphones, timers and speakers at every seat (currently we have 3 timers total, which are all about 2 inches tall, and a few dozen feet away from the Members). The paint is dry, the carpet is down, and the 70" TV is installed on the way.
I also finished sound-proofing the door I was working on a few weeks ago, and got our quotes up to date. Other than that, the excitement was when a staffer brought us food at 7:30 from a reception she attended because she felt bad for us unpacking, disassembling and reassembling 50+ (We had to take off the regular TV-type stands, and mount on tabletop brackets to sit on their desks). I'm going to try to head to bed, so I'll end this here. Tomorrow I will celebrate National Ag. Day/Week with Agriculture Future of America at USDA, and have dinner with some of them in the evening. Adios.

No comments: